Do you ever ask yourself these questions or think these thoughts?
- Could I be drinking too much?
- I'm not going to drink or use any other drugs today.
- I'm going to allow myself only two beers today.
- How did I get home last night? I can't recall.
- I told my partner/friend that I had only one drink when I really had more.
- I feel guilty for drinking or using other drugs.
- I think about drinking or using all the time.
- It makes me angry when people mention my drinking or use of drugs (even prescribed ones).
- Could I be dependent on what my doctor is prescribing?
- I never get through a day without thinking at least once about drinking or using other drugs.
- I'm in trouble with the law...with my boss...with my teacher...
- Friends or family members say I'm drinking or using too much, but I know I can handle it.
- I often drink when I am sad, lonely, angry, tired and afraid.
- I'm experiencing mood swings. Maybe they're related to my drinking or use of other drugs.
- I drink when I want to avoid conflict.
- I drink when I want to get up nerve to tell someone how I feel.
- I drink because I want to forget.
If you ask yourself these questions or think these thoughts, there's a real need for concern. Alcohol and/or other drugs are interferring with your sense of well-being and the quality of your life. For support and assessment of your situation, please contact me at DRB Alternatives, Inc. I'm a certified alcohol and other drug counselor.